Thanks to the generosity of Tin Cup Challengers, the Community Foundation was able to award 15 Competitive Grants to Teton Valley nonprofits through this year’s Competitive Grant Program. In total, $56,645 was awarded to directly support programs and projects that will elevate lives in Teton Valley.
Twenty-four organizations submitted applications for a total ask of $91,427. Applications were given equal weight and attention by our dedicated, volunteer Grant Committee who works together to determine this focused funding. By backing these projects today, we help support the future of these organizations and their programming to ensure they will be here consistently and definitively when our community most needs them.
2021 Competitive Grant Awards:
- ABC – Above & Beyond the Classroom in Teton Valley: $5,000 – Expanding Afterschool Programming Services to Victor Elementary School
- Education Foundation of Teton Valley: $5,066 – Purchase of Hearing & Vision Screening Equipment
- Friends of the Teton River: $1,500 – Trout in the Classroom 2.0
- Friends of Valley of the Tetons Library: $3,000 – Laptop Loaner Program
- HAPI Trails: $4,967 – Portable Horse Shelters
- Paws of Jackson Hole: $2,500 – Helping Pets & Families of Teton Valley during COVID
- Seniors West of the Tetons: $3,500 – Senior Center Ventilation Upgrades
- Teton Arts: $4,500 – Strategic & Succession Planning
- Teton County Fair Board: $2,800 – Teton Valley Community Garden
- Teton County Idaho Search & Rescue: $1,600 – BCA Avalanche Air Bag Vests
- Teton Valley Aquatics: $5,000 – Portable Pool & Community Aquatics
- Teton Valley Foundation: $4,000 – Instant Hot Water System for the Kotler Ice Arena
- Teton Valley Mental Health Coalition: $5,500 – 2021 Community Counseling Program
- Teton Valley Museum: $4,612 – Founding Family Exhibit
- Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation: $3,100 – Cross Country Skis for Kids
The Community Foundation of Teton Valley’s Competitive Grant Program is made possible through charitable donations to the Tin Cup Challenger Fund, as well as direct donations to the Grants Program, providing the Foundation with another avenue to help support local nonprofits in better meeting the needs of our community. Since 2008, the Foundation has awarded over a half-million dollars in Competitive Grant Awards.