There are two ways to give during the Tin Cup Challenge Giving Period: as a Business/Community Challenger or as a Tin Cup Donor. As a Tin Cup Donor, you make gifts in the amounts you choose and allocate them to any of the participating nonprofits you want to support. As a Business or Community Challenger, you make a lump-sum gift that is used to provide partial Matching Grants to participating nonprofits. The matching gifts are not $1-for-$1 but are based on a calculated formula. Challenger donations substantially increase the amount of money that each participating organization raises.
- Designated Nonprofit Fund
- 100% of your donation goes to the designated nonprofits of your choice.
- Provides unrestricted funding to promote and support the charitable mission of your participating organizations.
- Simplified giving by making a single payment to the Community Foundation of Teton Valley on behalf of a variety of local nonprofits.
- Challenger Fund
- Give $1,000 or more to the Challenger Fund in support of all Teton Valley nonprofits and our community.
- Covers costs associated with the 8-week Giving Period & Event Day.
- Provides a partial Matching Grant for participating nonprofits.
- Funds the Community Foundation of Teton Valley’s Competitive Grant Program, Youth Philanthropy, and Nonprofit Workshops for board and staff.
What is the Challenger Fund?
Challengers are a special group of businesses and individuals who give $1,000 or more to the Challenger Fund each year. Gifts to the Challenger Fund are used to host the Tin Cup Challenge and provide partial Matching Grants to participating nonprofits. Challengers are community leaders who promote charitable giving and intrinsically value Teton Valley’s nonprofits. The generosity of our Challengers inspires increased community giving and is the key to the Tin Cup Challenge’s success.
The Challenger Fund
- Covers costs associated with the 8-week Giving Period and Event Day.
- Provides a Matching Grant to participating Tin Cup nonprofits.
- Funds the Community Foundation of Teton Valley’s Competitive Grant Program, Youth Philanthropy, and year-round Nonprofit Board & Staff Workshops.
Levels of Giving
- Business & Community Challenger ($1,000+)
- Brass $1,000+
- Pewter $2,500+
- Nickel $5,000+
- Copper $7,500+
- Bronze $10,000+
- Silver $15,000+
- Tin $50,000+
- Friend of the Challenge ($250+)
- Supporters of the Challenge ($1+)
Tin Cup Donors are recognized in the following ways:
The Challenger Fund allows the Community Foundation to give 100% of the designated proceeds collected by nonprofits during the Tin Cup Giving Period to their respective organizations. Our unique model gives weight to both methods of giving – each is equally important.
Both ways of giving are intrinsic to our philanthropic model.