What is the Tin Cup Challenge?
One of the most innovative charitable fundraisers in the nation, the Tin Cup Challenge is also one of the most successful. In 2019, the event raised $1,631,466.20 from 1,093 donors. Since 2008, this event has raised an astounding $14.3 million, directly benefitting Teton Valley’s cherished nonprofits working tirelessly to enhance our quality of life.
Tin Cup Challenge Participants
Why is the Tin Cup Challenge important?
- Cultivates generosity as a cherished community value.
- Raises funds to help our local nonprofits meet their missions.
- Brings awareness to our hard-working nonprofit organizations.
- Serves as an efficient fundraising mechanism to save nonprofits time, money, and resources.
How does it work?
During the 8-week charitable giving period, donors give to their favorite local nonprofits, knowing their gifts will be partially matched by a grant from the Community Foundation of Teton Valley’s Challenger Fund.
What is the Challenger Fund?
Challengers are a special group of businesses and individuals who give $1,000 or more to the Challenger Fund each year. Gifts to the Challenger Fund are used to host the Tin Cup Challenge and provide matching grants to participating nonprofits. Challengers are community leaders who promote charitable giving and intrinsically value Teton Valley’s nonprofits. The generosity of our Challengers inspires increased community giving and is the key to the Tin Cup Challenge’s success.
The Challenger Fund
- Covers costs associated with the 8-week Giving Period and Event Day.
- Provides a partial Matching Grant to participating Tin Cup nonprofits.
- Funds the Community Foundation of Teton Valley’s Competitive Grant Program, Youth Philanthropy, and year-round Nonprofit Board & Staff Workshops.
Levels of Giving
- Business & Community Challenger ($1,000+)
- Friend of the Challenge ($250+)
- Supporters of the Challenge ($1+)
The Challenger Fund allows the Community Foundation to give 100% of the designated proceeds collected by nonprofits during the Tin Cup Giving Period to their respective organizations. Our unique model gives weight to both methods of giving – each is equally important.