Fall marks the end of a busy summer of fundraising for most local nonprofits. While the dust is settling on a full season of fundraising, plans should already be in the works for next year’s numerous events.
With nearly 50 local nonprofits, Teton Valley businesses can feel the pressure of repeated requests for sponsorship, in-kind contributions, and donations throughout the year. In hopes of alleviating this consistent stress, the Community Foundation recommends nonprofits reach out to their anticipated sponsors in October – when next year’s budget planning is in the works.
Give your potential sponsors the benefit of your fundraising plans and sponsorship opportunities for the year ahead. This will empower your sponsors and corporate donors to make informed decisions and plan how they’d best like to spend their capital for the good of Teton Valley annually.
Top 10 Reasons to make corporate or organizational asks now:
- Companies/Organizations are budgeting for 2019 this time of year.
- It’s easier for them to give if they have planned and budgeted for it.
- Help them Help YOU! Make it easy for corporate donors to give to your organization.
- If it’s in their budget – it’s essentially a pledge to your organization.
- If it’s in this year’s budget, chances are it will be easier to get into next year’s budget!
- Serves as a great opportunity to check-in and thank your corporate donors.
- Corporate donors will appreciate your thoughtfulness in helping them strategize their community goodwill and engage with targeted audiences.
- Corporate donors want to give and help your organization but also appreciate the recognition. Getting the commitment early, allows you to recognize your corporate donor or sponsor more frequently.
- Local companies have a vested interest in improving our community.
- An early corporate pledge to donate or sponsor better allows you and your organization to budget and plan.
- Less time spent when you’re in the thick of your event preparation or fundraising.
- It’s not just companies and organizations that budget – many individuals are budgeting and planning this time of year too!
We know how much the nonprofit community appreciates and depends on the generosity of local business to help bring their critical missions to the community. In turn, we believe businesses will greatly appreciate the consideration of a one-time ask for all of your annual events. By establishing an annual routine of planned commitments, we can create less stress for local businesses and nonprofits alike.
With next year’s activities already on the books, don’t forget to submit your events to www.discovertetonvalley.com – our all-in-one community calendar for all of Teton Valley’s going’s on.