“If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don’t spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it.”
Preparing to run the Tin Cup Challenge? We will be adding tips and training schedules here to help you run the 5K or 10K!
1. When training and racing, keep in the present. Allow yourself success. Take it one step at a time.
2. Be consistent with your training. It is better to run shorter more often if that is all you have time for. Get out even if it is for only 15 min. Running a little is better then not running at all.
3. Make sure you have the right running shoes for comfort and to prevent injury. Also, be prepared with clothing. Have layers so that you are comfortable with the changing weather.
4. Be prepared. Plan out what you need for your runs. Have water and fuel with you just in case you need it.
5. Warm up and cool down. Spend 5 to 10 min doing both. A warm up signals the body that you are about to do a workout. By slowly raising your heart rate can help minimize stress on your heart. A cool down allows your heart rate and blood pressure to fall gradually.