On Friday, May 29, 2015 the Community Foundation of Teton Valley will present an interactive workshop titled “Demystifying Change: Mapping the Journey from Vision to Sustainability” from 9:00 AM to 12:30PM at the Seniors West of the Tetons Community Center. Led by presenter Jill Naylor Yarger, M.Ed., workshop attendees will have the opportunity to examine the interconnectedness of vision, mission, evaluation, and sustainability. According to Carrie Mowrey, Community Foundation of Teton Valley Executive Director, “We are happy to be able to provide another workshop as part of our spring nonprofit excellence programming and we are so very thankful to our Challengers and private donors that have made this possible.”
This half day seminar will provide participants with the tools and knowledge to:
- understand the difference between problem solving and vision,
- determine if their organization’s mission is accurate,
- collect appropriate evaluation data,
- examine Inputs, Outputs and Outcomes that will best determine their areas of success and areas that need improvement,
- conceptualize how to move from design to implementation,
- create a vision for their agency five years in the future, and
- map how they might reach a 5-year future vision.
Born and raised in a small town in rural Minnesota, Jill’s work and life experience is multi-dimensional; from rural to frontier to urban. She holds a Master’s Degree from the University of Minnesota with a special emphasis in organization development and training and throughout her 45 year career she has developed multiple evaluation systems for business, community agencies and education. Her evaluation techniques focus on making it daily, making it simple and making it count.
The Demystifying Change Workshop is being offered at a cost of only $20 per participant thanks to the generosity and support provided by our Challengers and other private donors. Light refreshments will be provided. Space is limited so please reserve your spot by Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 5 PM via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (208)354-0230.