As a donor, you are a critical part of our progress to ensure local nonprofit stability and sustainability. From equipment rentals to nonprofit consulting, the Community Foundation is an integral resource for staff and board members alike. As you make your philanthropic plans during the end of year giving season, we wanted to share the many ways your Community Foundation can help you make an impact:
- Stock or Securities: When you donate your appreciated assets, you can avoid paying federal and state capital gains tax. Additionally, you may be eligible to claim an itemized deduction for federal and/or state income tax purposes for the entire donation (subject to IRS limits). These gifts must be received on or before Dec. 31. Download our in-kind stock transfer form here.
- Donor-Advised Funds: Have appreciated stock but not sure where or when you want to “invest” them? Opening and donating them to a Donor Advised Fund allows you to use these funds for future giving and avoid capital gains and income tax on the sale (subject to IRS rules and limit)
- Already have a DAF with the Community Foundation? Please make your grant recommendation as soon as possible to allow time for processing before year end. Use Donor View or call us today. Please include your contact information in your giving account so that we can thank you for your generosity!
- IRA Charitable Rollover (Qualified Charitable Distribution): Make a gift through your IRA and see significant tax savings while satisfying all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD) up to $100,000. If you plan to contribute, we recommend you begin the process as soon as possible to ensure your gift is received before December 31. Be sure to include our sample letter to your IRA administrator requesting that your contact information be provided with your gift so that we can provide a tax receipt and thank you.
As Always, we are here to help! Please call us at 208-354-0230 to learn more about philanthropic giving and how the Community Foundation can help you make the biggest impact with your generosity.
- Gifts by check: To avoid delays in the mail, we recommend you post your check no later than Dec. 15. Please send your contribution to: Community Foundation of Teton Valley, P.O. Box 1523, Driggs, ID 83422
- Gifts online: You can make your gift on our website or contact Tim Adams, Executive Director, at email@example.com or (208) 354-0230.
We understand that the way you choose to give is just as important as how much you choose to give. When you decide to make a gift to the Community Foundation, you are elevating lives in Teton Valley. With your support, we will be one step closer to realizing our shared dream – a community that cares for its neighbors.
As a reminder, Tin Cup Challenger donations are accepted year-round.