Website Greater Yellowstone Coalition
Scope of Responsibilities
The Idaho Conservation Organizer builds local support for GYC’s campaigns and projects in
Idaho. Working closely with the Sr. Idaho Conservation Associate, Deputy Director of
Conservation, and other GYC staff, the organizer will help develop and implement strategies that
engage Idahoans in conserving the state’s public lands, waters, and wildlife. A primary
responsibility for the organizer is to create a broader, more diverse base of support for
conservation outcomes in the state. This position employs a wide variety of organizing
strategies, from supporting and participating in direct outreach to communities to planning and
attending public events. The organizer often works in collaborative settings with stakeholders
representing a diversity of views and is responsible for representing GYC in a professional
manner. This position also plays a key role in coordinating organizing activities with GYC’s
Development and Communications departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Build support for and mobilize Idahoans on priority campaigns, projects, and initiatives
in Idaho to take action using a variety of tactics – events, calls, letters, petitions, one-onone meetings, celebrations, etc.
• Identify and cultivate local champions for priority conservation campaigns.
• Manage names, contact information, actions, and follow-up in databases.
• Plan and attend local events designed to build and demonstrate support for priority
• Develop written materials, such as blog posts, e-alert content, letters to the editor,
opinion/editorial pieces, and canvassing scripts.
• Plan and conduct targeted outreach to key community leaders, civic groups, agency staff,
• Attend and help organize stakeholder meetings.
• Work with the Idaho Sr. Conservation Associate and other staff to support the
fundraising and communication needs of GYC
To apply for this job please visit greateryellowstone.org.